Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: How do I get mondoarchive to run from Knoppix?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    13

    How do I get mondoarchive to run from Knoppix?

    Hi! I'm having problems getting Mondoarchive to run. I see it is installed on the Knoppix CD. I have studied the manual and man page but still get errors.

    Could someone who has had success getting it to run could give me a few pointers?

    I have a debian (Xandros) distro on hda3 that I want to make a full backup. I am learning Linux so need to be able to make a full restore when I pooch up the install again. (Yes, I have already rendered one installation unusable and had to reinstall from scratch. This was a painful process!)

    I tried to get Mondo to run on Xandros without success. So I thought that since Knoppix has it running, I could use that.

    I would like to have Mondo make the full backup of hda3 to CDRs. The mondo command/man indicates that you should be able to burn CDRs or CDRWs directly.

    The error message is:

    -------------------- mount | grep cdrom | grep super --------------------
    --------------------------------end of output------------------------------
    ...ran with errors.
    ------------------- mount | grep floppy | grep super -------------------
    --------------------------------end of output------------------------------
    ...ran with errors.
    Unmounting old ramdisks if necessary
    -------- umount `mount | grep shm | grep mondo | cut -d' ' -f3` --------
    Usage: umount [-hV]
    umount -a [-f] [-r] [-n] [-v] [-t vfstypes] [-O opts]
    umount [-f] [-r] [-n] [-v] special | node...
    --------------------------------end of output------------------------------
    ...ran with errors.
    Mondo Archive v1.66 --- http://www.mondorescue.com
    root is mounted at /dev/root
    Using /dev/root is stupid of you but I'll forgive you.
    I believe I am running on a live filesystem.
    root is mounted at /dev/root
    Using /dev/root is stupid of you but I'll forgive you.
    I believe I am running on a live filesystem.
    Checking sanity of your Linux distribution
    Free space on given partition = 2 MB
    -------------------------------- umount --------------------------------
    Usage: umount [-hV]
    umount -a [-f] [-r] [-n] [-v] [-t vfstypes] [-O opts]
    umount [-f] [-r] [-n] [-v] special | node...
    --------------------------------end of output------------------------------
    ...ran with errors.
    ---FATALERROR--- Your / (or /root) partition has <50MB free. Please adjust your partition table to something saner.
    I'm not sure what this is supposed to tell me but I am guessing that I need to allow mondo to make images files somewhere on the hard drive that I am trying to backup. This worries me because I don't want to also backup the backup image (is this even possible???).

    Would someone who has had success running mondoarchive from Knoppix please explain what I am missing here?

    Thank you in advance.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    342

    Monoarchive

    I have Mondo installed as part of my HDD install of Knoppix 3.7

    Open a console window and type "mondoarchive"

    You should then get a series of DOS box type queries asking you what kind of backup you want to do.

    sakiZ

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel  Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD picture

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD

$1299.99



IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM

$179.99



Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For  RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series picture

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series

$375.00



Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs picture

Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs

$49.99



IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server Intel Xeon E5630 4GB DDR3 No HDD picture

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server Intel Xeon E5630 4GB DDR3 No HDD

$279.99



IBM 02YC027 Seagate ST2400MM0129 2.4TB 10K SAS 12Gb/s 2.5

IBM 02YC027 Seagate ST2400MM0129 2.4TB 10K SAS 12Gb/s 2.5" Server Hard Drive

$200.00



IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES picture

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES

$110.30



IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU picture

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU

$999.99



IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon  E5620 picture

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620

$199.99



DEFECTIVE IBM SYSTEM X3530 M4 7160AC1 Server 2INTEL XEON E52430L 0 80GB  G3D picture

DEFECTIVE IBM SYSTEM X3530 M4 7160AC1 Server 2INTEL XEON E52430L 0 80GB G3D

$142.50