Sorry, but how many files you have change respect the original Knoppix v. 3.2?
If they are little you can download just this.
I have created a version of knoppix 3.2 that can boot from a laptop's firewire or usb-based cdrom. I don't want to host the iso image myself, but if someone wants to make space for it on their server, I will make it available for download.
Sorry, but how many files you have change respect the original Knoppix v. 3.2?
If they are little you can download just this.
I changed linuxrc in the boot image, added a variety of new modules to the boot image, updated the kernel to new firewire and hotplug drivers and modified the autoconfig file. Too much to post.
I would suggest submitting the changes to Klaus. That way they can be incorporated into Knoppix itself. That would also take care of your hosting problem. In any event, I think submitting the changes to Klaus would be helpful. Hopefully he will incorporate them into Knoppix.
The best way to do this would be to post it on the developers mailing list.
http://mailman.linuxtag.org/mailman/...debian-knoppix
OK, I sent my notes on the firewire/usb mods to the developers' list.
Dear lstein,
I am looking for the same thing, a way to have a boot possibility from an external usb (or firewire) hard disk.
In my case it is necessary to modify the boot disk because my laptop computer doent support usb booting.
If it is possible to you send me instructions for hao can do that, or keep me informed when your iso is avaiable somewhere and I can download it
Best Regards
Mike Kranidis
I have also placed my notes and associated files on Knoppix 3.2 here: http://modperl.com/x200/knoppix/. Possibly a later version of Knoppix will be firewire/usb bootable from the start.
Hmm. That address doesn't seem to be working. Is it just down temporairly?Originally Posted by lstein
Sorry, try http://www.modperl.com/x200/knoppix/.
Dear lstein,
Thanks for your fine work. I will try it very shortly
Best Regards
Mike Kranidis

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99
Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$319.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 3 14" FHD Laptop i5 12th Gen 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11
$329.99
Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2i 14" 16GB 512GB, Black
$313.00
Lenovo ThinkPad T480s | i5-8350U | 256GB NVMe | 8GB RAM | W11 Pro | W/AC Adapter
$169.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 3 | Intel I5-1245U | 16GB RAM | 256GB NVMe | W11P | W/AC
$299.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11
$229.99