Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Madwifi

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    17

    Madwifi

    Looks like the only way to get my PCMCIA Wireless network card going is to use Madwifi according tot he information on D-Links web site. Is this already on the knoppix CD? Any tutorials to available to use it?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Pasadena, CA, USA
    Posts
    1
    I'd be interested in knowing if anyone's had experience with madwifi and Knoppix as well. It's not included in Knoppix. I haven't tried to do anything with it yet, but there is some good information at http://www.mattfoster.clara.co.uk/madwifi-faq.htm which may help you out if nobody in this forum can.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by JordanBenjamin
    I'd be interested in knowing if anyone's had experience with madwifi and Knoppix as well. It's not included in Knoppix. I haven't tried to do anything with it yet, but there is some good information at http://www.mattfoster.clara.co.uk/madwifi-faq.htm which may help you out if nobody in this forum can.
    Looks like a good place to start, thanks.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2
    I got Knoppix working with my Proxim Orinoco 802.11a/b/g PCMCIA card which uses the madwifi driver. I also performed a number of updates, removed Open Office, and added ndiswrapper and drivers for Broadcom wireless cards. I'm willing to share my ISO, but I don't have a place to post it. If anyone has a public place to post this ISO let me know and I'll share.

    BTW
    The secret to making Knoppix work with madwifi is upgrading the kernel. You simply will not make it work with the kernel included with Knoppix 3.3

  5. #5
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by bearman
    I got Knoppix working with my Proxim Orinoco 802.11a/b/g PCMCIA card which uses the madwifi driver. I also performed a number of updates, removed Open Office, and added ndiswrapper and drivers for Broadcom wireless cards. I'm willing to share my ISO, but I don't have a place to post it. If anyone has a public place to post this ISO let me know and I'll share.

    BTW
    The secret to making Knoppix work with madwifi is upgrading the kernel. You simply will not make it work with the kernel included with Knoppix 3.3
    If you want to email me I have an ftp you can put it on for a while. [email protected]

  6. #6
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by tankd0g
    Quote Originally Posted by bearman
    I got Knoppix working with my Proxim Orinoco 802.11a/b/g PCMCIA card which uses the madwifi driver. I also performed a number of updates, removed Open Office, and added ndiswrapper and drivers for Broadcom wireless cards. I'm willing to share my ISO, but I don't have a place to post it. If anyone has a public place to post this ISO let me know and I'll share.

    BTW
    The secret to making Knoppix work with madwifi is upgrading the kernel. You simply will not make it work with the kernel included with Knoppix 3.3
    If you want to email me I have an ftp you can put it on for a while. [email protected]

    Bearman posted it on my FTP, I haven't had a chance to verify it so I hope that 346mb image is valid. tankdog.dyndns.org knoppix/knoppix.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2
    The MD5Sum is

    f51f468f31d3a0391d4f9f260422c32a

    Let me know if there's a problem.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    8
    Bearman- Im going to try this out, for I have a Orinoco I cannot seem to get working and plus I also have a Broadcom integrated card in my presario I too cannot get to work with knoppix. I prey that this will solve, thanks in advance if it does!

Similar Threads

  1. Anyone had success with Knoppix and Madwifi?
    By MaldiGola in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-27-2004, 03:37 PM
  2. 3.6: madwifi drivers not available
    By torstenv in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-06-2004, 01:29 PM
  3. Madwifi Installation Script.
    By false-hopes in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-19-2004, 11:24 PM
  4. Laptop mouse and madwifi drivers
    By GuyLeDouche in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-01-2004, 03:32 AM
  5. 3.4 and madwifi
    By RookieDDZ in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-15-2004, 02:43 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%) picture

HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)

$45.00



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



HDD 3.5

HDD 3.5" SATA Hard Drive with Windows 10/Win 11 64x Installed Legacy

$35.00



Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5

Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive

$159.99



Hitachi  / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5

Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD

$29.99



HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5

HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health

$78.00



Seagate ST2000NM0045 2TB 3.5

Seagate ST2000NM0045 2TB 3.5" 12Gb/s 128MB 7.2K RPM SAS HDD P/N: 1V4204-002

$24.99



Toshiba 1TB 2.5

Toshiba 1TB 2.5" SATA HDD MQ01ABD100V 5400RPM 9.5mm Laptop Internal Hard Drive

$51.99



HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar  6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5

HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860

$129.99