Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Network driver problem

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    2

    Network driver problem

    I have an Asus A7V8X mainboard and recently installed Knoppix to my HD. It works, the only problem is that I have to compile the driver for the network card (Broadcom BCM4400 series 10/100 Mbps) and when I do it following the source tar.gz readme procedure I get the following message in the console (logged as root):

    ************************************************** ********
    gcc -DMODULE -D__KERNEL__ -DDBG=0 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O6 -I/lib/modules/`uname -r`/build/include -c -o b44um.o b44um.c
    gcc -DMODULE -D__KERNEL__ -DDBG=0 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O6 -I/lib/modules/`uname -r`/build/include -c -o b44proc.o b44proc.c
    gcc -DMODULE -D__KERNEL__ -DDBG=0 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O6 -I/lib/modules/`uname -r`/build/include -c -o b44lm.o b44lm.c
    ld -i b44um.o b44proc.o b44lm.o -o bcm4400.o
    ld: no se puede abrir b44um.o: No existe el fichero o el directorio
    make: *** [bcm4400.o] Error 1
    ************************************************** ********

    Last lines translated into english:
    ld: can´t open b44um.o: File or directory don´t exist
    make:*........Error 1

    I have no experience with Linux, and searching for help in Welsh and Kaufman's "Running Linux" didn´t help me. Any idea? Thank you.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Podunk, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    470
    Are you running from CD or a HD install?

    rock

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    2
    As I said in my first post, I have Knoppix installed in my HD. A question: Is there any difference in the terminal commands between different Linux distributions? Perhaps the makefile is trying to use a command that Knoppix-Debian don´t recognize. If I understand the console message that I posted, gcc compiles .c files and outputs .o files and it looks that there is no problem. But after, the "ld" (load?) command can´t find the files precompiled. Is this correct? Thank you.

Similar Threads

  1. network driver
    By turbonow in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-12-2004, 03:41 PM
  2. Add a few network driver modules to 3.6 kernel 2.4
    By bizarro in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-16-2004, 09:30 PM
  3. soltek mainboard Network driver
    By bennettr in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-19-2004, 10:54 AM
  4. Network Configuring and Linuxant Driver for wifi
    By johnsandidge in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-06-2004, 04:02 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-28-2003, 05:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Kubotek KeyCreator 3D CAD Modeling Software Box 2000’s picture

Vintage Kubotek KeyCreator 3D CAD Modeling Software Box 2000’s

$199.99



Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra picture

Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra

$120.00



🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP picture

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP

$299.99



🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE picture

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE

$249.00



8 Inch Floppy Disk Lot of 109 Assorted Brands Maxell KAO Vintage Media Games Ins picture

8 Inch Floppy Disk Lot of 109 Assorted Brands Maxell KAO Vintage Media Games Ins

$195.00



Vintage IBM ThinkPad 600X Type 2645 Laptop  with accessories *Read Description* picture

Vintage IBM ThinkPad 600X Type 2645 Laptop with accessories *Read Description*

$149.99



🌟 Vintage 1972 IBM DOS/VS Manual Module 4 Virtual Systems Reference ZY23-4033-0 picture

🌟 Vintage 1972 IBM DOS/VS Manual Module 4 Virtual Systems Reference ZY23-4033-0

$98.76



Epson Card 486D4 Single Board Computer Card PCMCIA Vintage Industrial picture

Epson Card 486D4 Single Board Computer Card PCMCIA Vintage Industrial

$906.39



Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used picture

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used

$55.99



HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer picture

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer

$224.72