-
Network driver problem
I have an Asus A7V8X mainboard and recently installed Knoppix to my HD. It works, the only problem is that I have to compile the driver for the network card (Broadcom BCM4400 series 10/100 Mbps) and when I do it following the source tar.gz readme procedure I get the following message in the console (logged as root):
************************************************** ********
gcc -DMODULE -D__KERNEL__ -DDBG=0 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O6 -I/lib/modules/`uname -r`/build/include -c -o b44um.o b44um.c
gcc -DMODULE -D__KERNEL__ -DDBG=0 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O6 -I/lib/modules/`uname -r`/build/include -c -o b44proc.o b44proc.c
gcc -DMODULE -D__KERNEL__ -DDBG=0 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O6 -I/lib/modules/`uname -r`/build/include -c -o b44lm.o b44lm.c
ld -i b44um.o b44proc.o b44lm.o -o bcm4400.o
ld: no se puede abrir b44um.o: No existe el fichero o el directorio
make: *** [bcm4400.o] Error 1
************************************************** ********
Last lines translated into english:
ld: canīt open b44um.o: File or directory donīt exist
make:*........Error 1
I have no experience with Linux, and searching for help in Welsh and Kaufman's "Running Linux" didnīt help me. Any idea? Thank you.
Similar Threads
-
By turbonow in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-12-2004, 03:41 PM
-
By bizarro in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-16-2004, 09:30 PM
-
By bennettr in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-19-2004, 10:54 AM
-
By johnsandidge in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-06-2004, 04:02 PM
-
By gill1109 in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-28-2003, 05:20 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

Yealink SIP-T44W VoIP Phone 12-Line Gigabit Speakerphone RJ-45 Gray/Black
$44.00

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99

5 Allworx Verge 9312 VoIP IP Phone 12-Line Speakerphone Black RJ-45 MPN 8113120
$999.00

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07

Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included
$27.99