-
Network driver problem
I have an Asus A7V8X mainboard and recently installed Knoppix to my HD. It works, the only problem is that I have to compile the driver for the network card (Broadcom BCM4400 series 10/100 Mbps) and when I do it following the source tar.gz readme procedure I get the following message in the console (logged as root):
************************************************** ********
gcc -DMODULE -D__KERNEL__ -DDBG=0 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O6 -I/lib/modules/`uname -r`/build/include -c -o b44um.o b44um.c
gcc -DMODULE -D__KERNEL__ -DDBG=0 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O6 -I/lib/modules/`uname -r`/build/include -c -o b44proc.o b44proc.c
gcc -DMODULE -D__KERNEL__ -DDBG=0 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O6 -I/lib/modules/`uname -r`/build/include -c -o b44lm.o b44lm.c
ld -i b44um.o b44proc.o b44lm.o -o bcm4400.o
ld: no se puede abrir b44um.o: No existe el fichero o el directorio
make: *** [bcm4400.o] Error 1
************************************************** ********
Last lines translated into english:
ld: can´t open b44um.o: File or directory don´t exist
make:*........Error 1
I have no experience with Linux, and searching for help in Welsh and Kaufman's "Running Linux" didn´t help me. Any idea? Thank you.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Are you running from CD or a HD install?
rock
-
As I said in my first post, I have Knoppix installed in my HD. A question: Is there any difference in the terminal commands between different Linux distributions? Perhaps the makefile is trying to use a command that Knoppix-Debian don´t recognize. If I understand the console message that I posted, gcc compiles .c files and outputs .o files and it looks that there is no problem. But after, the "ld" (load?) command can´t find the files precompiled. Is this correct? Thank you.
Similar Threads
-
By turbonow in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-12-2004, 03:41 PM
-
By bizarro in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-16-2004, 09:30 PM
-
By bennettr in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-19-2004, 10:54 AM
-
By johnsandidge in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-06-2004, 04:02 PM
-
By gill1109 in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-28-2003, 05:20 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good
$261.99

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$319.99

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.3" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 7 350 2026 ...
$679.99

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T480s | i5-8350U | 256GB NVMe | 8GB RAM | W11 Pro | W/AC Adapter
$169.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad T14s Laptop 14” Laptop Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$249.99