-
Video trouble (ati)
I'm using ATI 3d rage pro. I can't get Knoppix to use the 'ati' driver without crashing. It uses 'vesa' but with that I can't get a useable display because it always uses interlacing. I tried to discourage it from using interlacing by setting the vertical sync to a low value, but that seems to have no effect. When I set the driver to 'ati' in the XF86config file, I get a black screen and the machine hangs. The only escape is a hardware reset. When I borrow the whole video section from the XF86Config that I use in other distros, I still get the black screen and hang. I installed to hard disk to make it easier to manage, and the 'ati' driver still doesn't work. Has anyone encountered & fixed this problem?
TIA,
Neil
Similar Threads
-
By gonzalezmfrank in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-22-2005, 01:51 AM
-
By jtsai256 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 9
Last Post: 07-13-2004, 01:59 AM
-
By Enigma13 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-02-2003, 11:14 AM
-
By Seeker in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-26-2003, 09:53 AM
-
By nomex in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-05-2003, 06:02 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.98