I've been trying to install filmgimp for the past few weeks. I wanna make the root installation but the firsts 4 lines start with a $, does it mean I have to call the Bourne shell?
I've been trying to install filmgimp for the past few weeks. I wanna make the root installation but the firsts 4 lines start with a $, does it mean I have to call the Bourne shell?
I'm not sure why you're doing it from source. Anyway, filmgimp is now CinePaint. There are debs available:
http://packages.debian.org/unstable/...cinepaint.html
If you're in the command line, you're already in bash (the Bourne Again SHell) . There's no way you want to use the old Bourne Shell.
The root prompt looks different to the user prompt (usually). I have (as myself): john@niglo:~$
as root
root@niglo:/home/john#
But it looks to me as though you're reading part of an installation script.
Exactly what are you reading and what are you seeing?
It's from the install text wich tells me how to install cinepaint, but anyways it's not what I need, I need a program that will allow me convert avi to kvcd.
I think kvcd is just a sort of template for cramming as much mpeg as possible onto a vcd.
What you need -- what I need, too -- is a method of converting .avi to .mpeg. I'm happy enough being able to stuff 45 minutes of Buffy on a vcd.![]()
I think the answer is transcode, but the manpage is truly frightening.
Any takers?
In the meantime, some useful looking stuff here:
http://www.theorie.physik.uni-goetti...ranscode/html/
http://zebra.fh-weingarten.de/~transcode/
Noticed this in mplayer docs (never tried)
mencoder -of mpeg -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg1video \
-oac copy [other options] media.avi -o output.mpg
That does look interesting. I'd completely forgotten about memcoder!
[edit] I just tried it on an .avi ripped from a dvd and it works just fine: file length is reduced, too! Now all I need is someone to lend me all their Buffy DVDs and ........Many thanks![/edit]
In the meantime, the aswer to the previous question:
I think you're seeing "something" like
$ ./configure
$ make
$ make install
and here the "$" just indicates that you're in the shell. You can literally copy and paste the rest.

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
TP-Link TL-SX105 10GB 5-Port Switch - Unopened
$195.00
NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$39.99
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
$65.00
TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25
5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$14.86
TP-Link Omada SG3428 24-Port Gigabit L2+ Managed Switch 4x SFP w/ Ears
$99.99
NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$25.99
5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99