-
How do u call up the Bourne shell($)
I've been trying to install filmgimp for the past few weeks. I wanna make the root installation but the firsts 4 lines start with a $, does it mean I have to call the Bourne shell?
-
Senior Member
registered user
I'm not sure why you're doing it from source. Anyway, filmgimp is now CinePaint. There are debs available:
http://packages.debian.org/unstable/...cinepaint.html
If you're in the command line, you're already in bash (the Bourne Again SHell) . There's no way you want to use the old Bourne Shell.
The root prompt looks different to the user prompt (usually). I have (as myself): john@niglo:~$
as root
root@niglo:/home/john#
But it looks to me as though you're reading part of an installation script.
Exactly what are you reading and what are you seeing?
-
It's from the install text wich tells me how to install cinepaint, but anyways it's not what I need, I need a program that will allow me convert avi to kvcd.
-
Senior Member
registered user
I think kvcd is just a sort of template for cramming as much mpeg as possible onto a vcd.
What you need -- what I need, too -- is a method of converting .avi to .mpeg. I'm happy enough being able to stuff 45 minutes of Buffy on a vcd.
I think the answer is transcode, but the manpage is truly frightening.
Any takers?
-
Senior Member
registered user
-
Junior Member
registered user
Noticed this in mplayer docs (never tried)
mencoder -of mpeg -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg1video \
-oac copy [other options] media.avi -o output.mpg
-
Senior Member
registered user
That does look interesting. I'd completely forgotten about memcoder!
[edit] I just tried it on an .avi ripped from a dvd and it works just fine: file length is reduced, too! Now all I need is someone to lend me all their Buffy DVDs and ........
Many thanks![/edit]
In the meantime, the aswer to the previous question:
I think you're seeing "something" like
$ ./configure
$ make
$ make install
and here the "$" just indicates that you're in the shell. You can literally copy and paste the rest.
Similar Threads
-
By TecHunter in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-16-2005, 05:04 AM
-
By splittik in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-22-2005, 07:38 AM
-
By Mikkey in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 8
Last Post: 10-11-2004, 09:57 PM
-
By spamhippy in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-30-2004, 08:27 PM
-
By dennison_b in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-07-2003, 05:04 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1
$56.99

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE
$214.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99

128TB External SSD Solid State Drive Hard Drive Disk PC Phones Mac Games Videos
$97.60

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

SAMSUNG SSD 512GB 500GB 480GB 256GB 250GB 240GB SSD 2.5 Solide State Drive 6Gbps
$37.99

Samsung SSD, v-nand,860 EVO, 500gb, model MZ-76E500, SATA III, Health 90-98%
$50.00

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

KingSpec SSD 2.5" SATA3 Internal Solid State Drive for PC,Laptop,Mac
$60.00

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99