-
Need kernel 2.4.22?
I have a speedtouch modem and knoppix does not recognize my modem. Then I foud this:
The just-released 2.4.22 kernel contains the speedtouch kernel module. Thanks Marcello!
The latest stable version of the Linux kernel is: 2.6.3
Should I download the latest Linux kernel 2.6.3(is this an upgrade of 2.4.22?)
And also how do I update my kernel?
-
Senior Member
registered user
I don't think you need to use a new kernel. As I read it, you can build speedtouch, download the firmware and it'll work just fine with the existing kernel.
Here we're just talking about the difference between internal and external kernel modules.
While there are good reasons for both approaches, generally it's easier to build an external one rather than compile a kernel (it's a much smaller download, for one thing! and you won't break anything else if it goes wrong).
I see that there are instructions for Sarge which -- used with caution -- should be OK for a HD install of Knoppix.
Similar Threads
-
By echo6 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-08-2005, 11:42 AM
-
By cfish in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-25-2005, 07:31 AM
-
By gitarzysta in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-03-2004, 08:36 PM
-
By Nils_ in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-08-2004, 10:50 AM
-
By tji in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-12-2003, 06:40 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99

Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5" 512b/s
$55.00

Lot of 2 HP 4TB / 128MB SATA 7.2K RPM 3.5" Hard Drive MB4000GCWDC /ST4000NM0033
$125.00

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

Toshiba 14TB MG07 MG07ACA14TEY 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 512e 3.5" Enterprise HDD
$339.00

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99

HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860
$129.99