Glad you have found Knoppix helpful. Even if Knoppix is only used as a repair disk to fix Windows, it proves itself to be a powerful tool.
A friend at work, a techy, gave me a copy of Knoppix after I spent 3 hours telling him my problems with Windows (to cut a long story short, all Hds were messed up, kept rebooting and lost evrything...lovely!).
Changed the Bios to boot from CD and stuffed Knoppix and all I can say is WOOOW!!! I really am impressed, detected evrything, mostly anyway, and most of all my Cable connection to the internet, via router!!! Nothing to set up, all looking good, screen, etc..
Just wanted to say Bravo to the developer(s)
Now back to trying to sort out that printing problems....so you may see me in the forum, soooon
Ta
nazim
Glad you have found Knoppix helpful. Even if Knoppix is only used as a repair disk to fix Windows, it proves itself to be a powerful tool.
KDE has a printing manager (cups frontend). Hit K -> Control Center -> system -> Printing Manager -> Add new Printer.
Printing is much better under kde, print 4 pages on a sheet, print to .pdf, ...
Worked for me.
Speaking as long term IT Guy, it is more than wooooooooow.
This product is unblievable and unbuggerupable to users.![]()
Knoppix is the way to go to run a Company business with a fileserver/whatever on the network but with no overheads in man power on the workstations.
Thank you all involved.
Nick
As a first time Linux-user I installed Knoppix next to my 98SE and XP PRO.
Awesome... And the support is great!! Never did I find such a lot of people helping!!
Things that come to my mind as I write this:
At home Knoppix is my first choice. I only boot to XP if it's really the only option.
I wonder if it is possible to run it at work, where we use a novell network.
Will it be possible to use all the ' windows' applications???
I'm dreaming about a Knoppix thin client solution...... and me getting it to work...
I'm also new to formums... so... sorry if I posted it in a wrong place...
Thank you all for making me happy with Knoppix!!
The answer is maybe...Originally Posted by abfab
Knoppix comes preconfigured to use a software program called Wine to run Windows executables. Try booting from the Knoppix CD and then running some of the Windows programs on your hard drive to see if they'll work.
I've found that Wine works great with programs designed for Windows95/98 but isn't so hot with Windows2000/XP.
Good luck!
yes i've tried knoppix at work. It's a big corporation and after thinking for a while, could be a big security threat to anyplace, but i think it goes bothways all the time learning to patch some threat. anyway, it was connected to the internet at work fine, i can never get a debian distrub to work with my cable, mandrake detects it auto, i keep trying to read lots of info to make sure when i try to install onto this laptop it'll work. does work great off cd![]()

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$155.00
pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99
OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$248.00
SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75
Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J
$40.00
Brand New Sophos XGS 2300 8-Ports 1GbE Network Security / Firewall Appliance
$2999.95
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$239.99
NETGEAR ProSafe 8-Port Gigabit VPN Firewall FVS318G NEW IN BOX
$69.99
Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00