I have a friend who likes knoppix and I am helping him set it up on his laptop. Its a Dell Inspiron 8000. The only problem is he likes his USB mouse and hates touch pads.
I've run apt-get update; apt-get upgrade
Also I ran xf86config after the upgrade and selected auto for the mouse. I tried several other options and none of them worked.
What can we do to get the mouse to work?
unplugging and plugging in the mouse will put usb messages on the console screen, I don't understand them. However they do look ok and the debug on the screen doesn't look bad.
Any ideas?
~ryan

Western Digital WD Blue 3D NAND 500GB 2.5in SATA III Internal SSD WDS500G2B0A
$44.99
SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE
$214.99
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00
128TB External SSD Solid State Drive Hard Drive Disk PC Phones Mac Games Videos
$97.60
Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1
$52.99
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$1090.00
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.80
M.2 SATA SSD 2280 128GB 256GB 512GB major brands | Very Good health
$35.99
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99
Kingston 128GB M.2 SATA III SSD
$13.00