I have a friend who likes knoppix and I am helping him set it up on his laptop. Its a Dell Inspiron 8000. The only problem is he likes his USB mouse and hates touch pads.
I've run apt-get update; apt-get upgrade
Also I ran xf86config after the upgrade and selected auto for the mouse. I tried several other options and none of them worked.
What can we do to get the mouse to work?
unplugging and plugging in the mouse will put usb messages on the console screen, I don't understand them. However they do look ok and the debug on the screen doesn't look bad.
Any ideas?
~ryan

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99
Glyph StudioRAID 28TB External RAID Hard Drive Thunderbolt 2 USB 3.0 7200RPM
$300.00
OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99
Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69
WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99
Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95
Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00
OWC Mercury Elite-AL Pro Qx2 4-Bay RAID Enclosure + SATA 1394 -USB 2.0 (8TB)
$180.00
Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile
$18.49
Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00