-
Junior Member
registered user
USB Mouse, Dell Inspiron 8000
I have a friend who likes knoppix and I am helping him set it up on his laptop. Its a Dell Inspiron 8000. The only problem is he likes his USB mouse and hates touch pads.
I've run apt-get update; apt-get upgrade
Also I ran xf86config after the upgrade and selected auto for the mouse. I tried several other options and none of them worked.
What can we do to get the mouse to work?
unplugging and plugging in the mouse will put usb messages on the console screen, I don't understand them. However they do look ok and the debug on the screen doesn't look bad.
Any ideas?
~ryan
Similar Threads
-
By renderer in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-21-2005, 09:41 PM
-
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-10-2004, 04:54 PM
-
By john2003 in forum Laptops
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-02-2003, 10:31 PM
-
By Adam in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 01-18-2003, 11:20 PM
-
By seani in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-10-2003, 05:28 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00

INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC
$40.00

Atari SX212 Modem for IBM Systems w/ Box, Owner's Manual & Power Adapter NOS
$125.00

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95

ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical - USA Seller
$29.99

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25

Vintage Atari SF354 Floppy Disk Drive & Power Supply FOR PARTS OR REPAIR AS IS
$120.00