-
Share internet connection-Win98 Host, Knoppix Client
I have a wireless card that is not supported by Knoppix, so I am trying to use an older Win98 machine as host and run Internet Connection Sharing. The Win98 machine can connect to the net with the wireless card and it's NIC works fine. The Knoppix machine (installed to the HD,not running from CD) has a NIC (also working). Both of the NICs are 100mbs. I have tried to setup Windows Internet Connection Sharing, but it doesn't work, I set the NIC host/client correctly but the Knoppix machine does not seem to see the Windows machine.
Note: Windows 2000 uses a completely different way of sharing connections, but my system is too slow to run it (the Win98 machine).
I ran netcardconfig on the Knoppix machine, but it says "Operation Failed". This is my last chance at being able to run Knoppix (I need internet) SOMEONE PLEASE HELP.
Similar Threads
-
By Siege in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-14-2005, 06:02 AM
-
By gimhan in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-14-2004, 08:54 AM
-
By cyKeMatica in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-20-2004, 04:08 AM
-
By Calman in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-15-2004, 01:14 AM
-
By Calman in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-11-2004, 02:26 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99

HP Z420 Pro Workstation PC Xeon E5-2660 8-Core 64GB RAM Quadro K5000 128GB SSD
$249.00

Dell Optiplex 7050 Micro Core i5-7500 8 GB RAM 256GB SSD Microsoft Windows 11
$89.99

DELL Optiplex 780 SFF CORE2DUO 3.0GHz 8GB RAM 250GB HDDDVDRW NO OS
$99.99

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X3D 8-Core 3.0GHz Socket AM4 CPU 4MB L2 96MB L3
$330.00

AMD FX 8350 8-CORE 4.00GHz CPU FD8350FRW8KHK SOCKET AM3+ *QTY
$39.99

AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99

HP ZBook Firefly 14" G8 Mobile Workstation i5 11th Gen 16GB RAM 256 GB SSD No AC
$166.49

HP Pavilion Laptop Computer 15.6 8-Core Intel i3 8GB RAM 628GB Storage, Open Box
$299.00