-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: I'll try

Originally Posted by
andymadigan
NIC on both machines is Realtek 8139,I tried connecting the Knoppix machine directly to the router, and it got internet access. I'll try pump and the other suggestions. I can't have the system connected to the router for long. I think the problem is with Windows 98, I booted my Knoppix system into Windows and it can't get a connection either.
I agree- it sounds like the win98 box. The command pump is only to bring the NIC up on the Knoppix box. I doubt that it will help in this situation. The rtl8139 is well supported under Linux.
Go here: http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/ics/ics.htm
Get ICS working and the Knoppix box will work.
Similar Threads
-
By Siege in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-14-2005, 06:02 AM
-
By gimhan in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-14-2004, 08:54 AM
-
By cyKeMatica in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-20-2004, 04:08 AM
-
By Calman in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-15-2004, 01:14 AM
-
By Calman in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-11-2004, 02:26 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64bit 32 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$95.99

VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack)
$1599.95

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

8W81F Dell PowerEdge R840 24x SFF 4x Xeon Gold 6252 H730P 2x 1100W PSU
$1100.00

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00