-
Cannot Logon After HDD Install Debian Knoppix 3.3
I recently saw your message and it is exactly what happened to me too.
Installed to HD correctly, and when the KDE login screen comes up, I login, but it makes a loop and comes right back to the logon.
Then I tried changing the logon type from DEFAULT to KDE3 I believe... and believe it or not... it worked perfectly!
Now if I could just get the RealTek 8100B onboard eth0 to load, I would be in business. It seems to choke on loading full duplex mode, and cannot then receive a DHCP signal from the router.
Similar Threads
-
By Jameson in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-19-2005, 05:27 AM
-
By draggin in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 11-08-2004, 03:37 PM
-
By knoppix-noob in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-21-2004, 03:45 AM
-
By Dieter Springer in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-19-2003, 10:07 PM
-
By brewer13210 in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-10-2003, 05:35 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Compaq 242506-001 Netelligent 100 FDDI DAS Fiber SC PCI Network Adapter Vintage
$249.00

Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$228.19

Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra
$120.00

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99

RARE ATI Graphics Xpression ISA 2MB Mach64 GX EXM193 Vintage VGA Card 1995
$225.99

Vintage Video-7 VEGA 8-Bit ISA EGA Card Rev 1.06 1986 – Tested Working
$149.99

vintage Gateway motherboard, socket 370 1ghz cpu, 256mb ram, cables, power switc
$69.99

Vintage CPU Lot (14) Intel Pentium AMD Athlon Motorola AS-IS Untested
$65.00

Vintage Apple iMac G4 15" Lamp 700MHz 512MB Mac OS X 10.4.6 W/ Pro Speakers
$300.00

Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25" 3.5" Combo Drive 19307571-00
$199.99