-
Login Problems (GUI)?
Hey, I installed KNOPPIX to the hd, but now I can't login to the gui. I reboot, get a GUI with a dabien background asking me for a username and password, and give it, but when I hit go my monitor just flickers a few times and sends me back to the login screen. I tried rebooting under a command line, and logged in as root and then typed in startX, and it just flickered a few times and went back to the command line. Do you know how I can get into the account's GUI?
btw, when I try to start it by typing startkde in the command line it just says X server error indefinately
Similar Threads
-
By Jameson in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-19-2005, 05:27 AM
-
By draggin in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 11-08-2004, 03:37 PM
-
By knoppix-noob in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-21-2004, 03:45 AM
-
By Dieter Springer in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-19-2003, 10:07 PM
-
By brewer13210 in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-10-2003, 05:35 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$248.00

NETGEAR ProSafe 8-Port Gigabit VPN Firewall FVS318G NEW IN BOX
$69.99

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J
$40.00

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$219.99

Fortinet FortiGate 80E 12 Ports Firewall Appliance
$20.25

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99

Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed
$202.50