-
Junior Member
registered user
A Linux Addict is born....
Hello, all!
I have been fascinated with Linux for three or so years. I never really wanted to sacrifice my everyday online system to try it out, though. I attempted an install of a distro said to work on old 486 machines, on one of my working ones. It never did work, so I gave up on my Linux obsession.
A few weeks ago, I was watching Tech TV, and heard them talk about a live CD version of Linux, called PHLAK. I was curious, and downloaded it. I was relatively impressed. I saw it was based on Morphix. I downloaded the Gnome version of that, too. I was more impressed. I downloaded the KDE version and was amazed.
I'll bet you see where this is going. Yup, I saw Morphix was based on Knoppix, and got that, too. I absolutely love it! This is the prettiest, most full-featured live CD I never thought possible. Congratulations, Knoppix team.
I see a full install of Debian on a new PC soon. 
One question, what would be the advantages of moving up another rung to full-blown Debian, rather than just doing a HD install of Knoppix?
Thanks again, for a truly amazing CD.
Similar Threads
-
By realpc in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-15-2005, 04:55 PM
-
By istoleapig in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-19-2005, 09:28 AM
-
By ziggyrafiq in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-12-2004, 10:40 PM
-
By Lame_Duck in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-08-2004, 05:19 PM
-
By bongski55 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 5
Last Post: 12-08-2003, 04:14 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid
$139.99

Genuine Intel Xeon W-2145 3.70Ghz 8 Cores LGA2066 CPU SR3LQ Tested USA SELLER
$94.94

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00