-
Lost Contact with Monitor, Mouse, and Keyboard
I've tried this three times on three Dell Optiplex GX260s. I've booted Knoppix off the latest CD, and everything's worked fine. But when I restart, each computer can no longer recognize the monitor, mouse, and keyboard, and nothing appears to be happening either on the HDD, FDD, or CD-ROM. Anyone else experience anything similar?
It's quite disappointing to run Knoppix and then have three broken machines on my hands.
Thanks!
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Lost Contact with Monitor, Mouse, and Keyboard
--I don't know *why* this is happening (please post system specs, i.e. RAM, processor, installed hardware) but here's a possible workaround:
--Try ' halt ' as root when ready to shutdown. If the PC doesn't actually shut off after ward, hit the Hardware Reset button and see if that fixes it. If it shuts off, I would think that would solve the problem.

Originally Posted by
hamscs
I've tried this three times on three Dell Optiplex GX260s. I've booted Knoppix off the latest CD, and everything's worked fine. But when I restart, each computer can no longer recognize the monitor, mouse, and keyboard, and nothing appears to be happening either on the HDD, FDD, or CD-ROM. Anyone else experience anything similar?
It's quite disappointing to run Knoppix and then have three broken machines on my hands.
Thanks!
-
Specs
The machines I'm installing Knoppix on are:
- Dell Optiplex GX260s.
- P4 1.8 GHz, 256 MB RAM.
- Windows XP Pro, Version 2002.
I'm going to download another copy of Knoppix and then try again on one more machine.
Thanks.
Similar Threads
-
By markleong in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-04-2004, 11:56 PM
-
By Linuxguy in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-02-2004, 07:18 PM
-
By twinkel in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 8
Last Post: 12-08-2003, 08:21 PM
-
By Stephen in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-08-2003, 06:42 AM
-
By ool in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 04-04-2003, 07:15 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

Timetec MS10 1TB SSD NVMe PCIe Gen3x4 3D NAND SSD 35TTFP6PCIE-1TB
$89.99

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$349.48

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99