edit /etc/resolv.conf and add
nameserver 207.69.188.187
nameserver 207.217.120.83
nameserver 207.217.77.82
that is all
VIA Rhine NIC(built into my EPOX motherboard)
Earthlink PPPOE DSL Dynamic username/password required
DNS: 207.69.188.187/207.217.120.83/207.217.77.82
Modem: SpeedStream 5360
Knoppix sees the eth0 and the ADSL/PPPOE utillty runs fine. I just need to add the DSN(3 listed above)to the file etc/ppp/peers/dsl-provider so I can connect to my Earthlink DSL
I am a Linux/Knoppix newbie so I have no idea how to add the DNS?
edit /etc/resolv.conf and add
nameserver 207.69.188.187
nameserver 207.217.120.83
nameserver 207.217.77.82
that is all

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99
Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/ 64 gig/WIFI
$85.00
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00
Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping
$50.00
RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99
Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung
$89.99
RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99
Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills)
$57.99
Samsung PM9C1A 256GB m.2 2280 SSD GEN4X4 NVME MZVL8256HDJD new Laptop PC
$34.99
NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue
$225.77