Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: preferences on floppy?

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    WNY, USA
    Posts
    19

    preferences on floppy?

    Hi, all

    I have been playing with KNOPPIX since 9AM this morning (it's 6PM now....LOL). I love this CD, moreso than even the morphix KDE offering (although I wish the adorable AMOR was included in KNOPPIX!). Thank you to the developers of KNOPPIX.

    My question is this for the live CD:

    I have my mouse speed and sensitivity set up, and a lot of other things in KDE all set up (like a different background for each desktop, size of the taskbar, clock, etc...). Can I save these preferences to a floppy? I noticed the mouse-over tool tip said that the KDE preferences were like 644 bytes, or something.

    Can I reboot the cd, and start a floppy to get all these preferences back? It will take awhile to do so each time I boot. I hate how slow the mouse is by default (I use a trackball.....)

    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    949
    yes you can. You use the computer hardrive a usb keychain or just about anything else.

    go to the knoppix menu. (second form the left with the knoppix icon) and mouse over configure then click save knoppix configuration and then selct what ever your saving it as. To start up a floppy config, when you come to the bott screen type in knoppix floppyconfig or knoppix config=scan. You could also put in what knoppix suggests but I find these two the easiest. However if you have a computer that has multiple configs saves ( like on the hardrive and another on a usb keychain) your going to want to type in where it is. for my usb keychain I use ether knoppix config=scan or knoppix config=/dev/sda1

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    WNY, USA
    Posts
    19
    firebyrd10,

    Thank you LOADS!!

    Your instructions, and the command at boot 'knoppix floppyconfig' worked perfectly. It remembered everything, right down to my clock settings and history in Konqueror. This really makes using Knoppix the best live distro I've seen yet. I'm not sure if morphix and the rest do this too, and quite frankly, I don't care. I really like Knoppix better than all the other live CD's I've downloaded and tried these last few weeks.

    I'm glad somebody gave a d@mn enough to make something like this distro.

    Thanks again

Similar Threads

  1. Saving Konqueror Preferences
    By ix86i in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-03-2004, 04:17 AM
  2. Edit linuxrc and change the user preferences....knoppix 3.4
    By Sago7 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-23-2004, 11:20 PM
  3. Missing Files Floppy and CDrom Can't Mount Floppy or CD
    By SkyHawk in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-14-2004, 04:40 AM
  4. Xterm : getting preferences to stick
    By beforewisdom in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-22-2003, 01:49 PM
  5. saving preferences
    By boehmb in forum General Support
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-03-2003, 08:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OEM Genuine 86WH 69KF2 Battery For Dell XPS 15 9500 Precision 5550 M59JH M15 M17 picture

OEM Genuine 86WH 69KF2 Battery For Dell XPS 15 9500 Precision 5550 M59JH M15 M17

$45.49



OEM 68Wh 3HWPP Battery For Dell Latitude 5401 5501 5410 5510 E5411 E5511 picture

OEM 68Wh 3HWPP Battery For Dell Latitude 5401 5501 5410 5510 E5411 E5511

$28.99



New Genuine OEM Dell Latitude 5420 5520 3560 4 Cell Laptop Battery RJ40G M033W picture

New Genuine OEM Dell Latitude 5420 5520 3560 4 Cell Laptop Battery RJ40G M033W

$49.95



OEM Genuine Dell Latitude 5420 5424 7424 Rugged 11.4V 51Wh Battery 06JRCP 7WNW1 picture

OEM Genuine Dell Latitude 5420 5424 7424 Rugged 11.4V 51Wh Battery 06JRCP 7WNW1

$95.67



OEM 68Wh 3HWPP Battery For Dell Latitude 5401 5411 15 5501 5511 Precision 3541 picture

OEM 68Wh 3HWPP Battery For Dell Latitude 5401 5411 15 5501 5511 Precision 3541

$35.78



OEM Genuine 63WH RJ40G Battery For Dell Latitude 5420 5520 Precision 3560 M033W picture

OEM Genuine 63WH RJ40G Battery For Dell Latitude 5420 5520 Precision 3560 M033W

$31.69



OEM Genuine 07KRV Battery Dell Latitude 5330 7330 7430 7530 Precision 3570 FK0VR picture

OEM Genuine 07KRV Battery Dell Latitude 5330 7330 7430 7530 Precision 3570 FK0VR

$34.49



Lot of 5 Dell OEM 65W 7.4mm 19.5V 3.34A AC Adapters Mixed Models B Grade picture

Lot of 5 Dell OEM 65W 7.4mm 19.5V 3.34A AC Adapters Mixed Models B Grade

$38.99



New Dell OEM Inspiron 15 3511 15.6

New Dell OEM Inspiron 15 3511 15.6" Battery 11.25V 41Wh 3467mAh G91J0 MGCM5

$44.95



OEM Genuine 62WH 6MT4T Battery For Dell Latitude E5470 E5570 6MT4T 07V69Y 7V69Y picture

OEM Genuine 62WH 6MT4T Battery For Dell Latitude E5470 E5570 6MT4T 07V69Y 7V69Y

$36.66