-
Junior Member
registered user
A couple of questions relating to sound
My Thinkpad T40 works fine under Knoppix 3.3 (Feb 2004 drop).
When booting off the CD the sound card works fine and I get that sexy voice saying "Initiating startup sequence" ... I fell in love with her
)
After HDD install, the sound card works fine but:
1) The sexy voice is gone; she has left me without even a letter ... can I bring her back ?
2) Even though my "normal"user (Bob) was added to the audio group, when KDE is initializing I cannot hear any sounds.
Thank you for any help. Bob
-
Junior Member
registered user
Re: A couple of questions relating to sound

Originally Posted by
bobalex
My Thinkpad T40 works fine under Knoppix 3.3 (Feb 2004 drop).
When booting off the CD the sound card works fine and I get that sexy voice saying "Initiating startup sequence" ... I fell in love with her

)
After HDD install, the sound card works fine but:
1) The sexy voice is gone; she has left me without even a letter ... can I bring her back ?
2) Even though my "normal"user (Bob) was added to the audio group, when KDE is initializing I cannot hear any sounds.
Thank you for any help. Bob
Yeah! Where the hell did she go?! I miss her
-
Senior Member
registered user
K-->Settings-->Control Center
Sound & Multimedia --> System Notifications
Select KDE is starting up
Check the "Play a sound" box
Select /usr/share/sounds/startup.ogg as the file to play
Click on Apply
-
Junior Member
registered user
Similar Threads
-
By GFBurke in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-31-2005, 06:09 AM
-
By BeatFreak in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-05-2004, 12:29 AM
-
By Anathema in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-02-2004, 02:48 AM
-
By stv in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-27-2003, 04:13 PM
-
By lrf in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-04-2003, 05:11 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99

ASUS PRIME Z890-P WIFI Z890 LGA 1851 ATX motherboard, Intel® Core™ Ultra Series
$235.99

Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H Motherboard
$54.99