I had the same problem with my HD install...
runningworked for me or xf86config i think would do the same job.dpkg-reconfigure xfreeserver-xfree86
I did an install on a small hard drive as described in a previous post and it seems to work at runlevel2 but when I just let it boot it's not taking my cheat code I need to make the video work properly. I put the cheat code in syslinux.cfg and it just boots to a black screen.
where else could it go?
I had the same problem with my HD install...
runningworked for me or xf86config i think would do the same job.dpkg-reconfigure xfreeserver-xfree86
What cheat code?Originally Posted by JaVelin >X
Depending on what the code is you may simply be able to add it to /etc/lilo.confI put the cheat code in syslinux.cfg and it just boots to a black screen.
where else could it go?
The cheat code is knoppix xvrefresh 56 the LCD screen won't take the default 60hz and I just get junk for a second then it turn black.
dpkg-reconfigure, I will try this but where do the zfreeserver-xfree86 and xfconfig reside? or do I even need to know this? I'll have a look when I get home.
thanks
Originally Posted by rickenbacherus
You could change that by simply editing /etc/X11/XF86Config-4. I don't have a Knoppix-configured XF86Config-4 handy but for a standard XF86Config-4 I would just add the following:Originally Posted by JaVelin >X
Code:VertRefresh 56
Ok this didn't work , I don't know why it did seem to change what happens when it boots up but I still just get a black screen at the end of it all. is there another script or multiple scripts that it reads from when booting ?
You could change that by simply editing /etc/X11/XF86Config-4. I don't have a Knoppix-configured XF86Config-4 handy but for a standard XF86Config-4 I would just add the following:
[/quote]Code:VertRefresh 56

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99
Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL60 DL80 Gen9 (U15) U15_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99
Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL160 DL180 Gen9 (U20) U20_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162)
$37.99
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$391.59
New Samsung DUO Plus 32GB USB 3.1 USB-C Flash Drive Gray MUF-32DB/AM
$19.95
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10
Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL380/DL360 Gen9 (P89) P89_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99
Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant BL460cWS46 Gen9 (I36) I36_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99