-
Junior Member
registered user
upgraded to 2.6.2....now no sound or network
Well since I'm an idiot, I recompiled my kernel with 2.6.2 and everything works fine...except it can't detect my sound card or NIC. I compiled with OSS and ALSA support for EMU10k1 and I have a Soundblaster Live! but it still doesn't see it. I also compiled in support for NE2000/1000 cards because my SMC EZCard 1211 was supposed to be compatible with these generic drivers (no linux drivers available). So I'm completely confused as to why it doesn't work. Anyways, it worked with the Live CD and with the HDD install before upgrading the kernel, so I was wondering if there's a .config anywhere that is the default that Knoppix was compiled with so I could use that (if that would work) or if there's any other fixes available.
Similar Threads
-
By andromeda in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-23-2004, 01:36 PM
-
By NerdIII in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-25-2004, 01:30 AM
-
By AKengineer in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-01-2003, 08:27 PM
-
By laffer in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-06-2003, 08:35 PM
-
By jonwood in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-24-2003, 04:37 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Seagate Exos 7E8 4TB 3.5" SAS ST4000NM0025
$22.00

Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5" Enterprise HDD ST14000NM0408
$354.99

New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5" SATA III Internal NAS Red Plus HDD
$137.59

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$69.00

Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD
$29.99

Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$159.99

HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health
$78.00

HITACHI ULTRASTAR 2TB 7.2K 6G 3.5INCH SATA HDD HUS724020ALA640 | TESTED WIPED
$34.95

HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860
$129.99

Sun Oracle 7357761 14TB 7.2K 3.5 12G SAS-3 HDD Hard Disc Drive w/ Coral Bracket
$249.99