alright...so I finally got ALSA working...and I got my NIC working...but I need to modprobe 8139too and then netcardconfig everytime I boot! I added 8139too as well as mii and crc32 to the end of /etc/modules, even did an update-modules, but no luck with getting it to boot at startup....and actually now that i just looked again...both emu10k1 and 8139too were already in the list right next to each other (funny coincidence i'm assuming). hmm...here's my current /etc/modules:
Code:
rtc
apm power_off=1
usb-uhci
printer
mousedev
hid
serial
parport_pc
bttv
tuner
emu10k1-gp
8139too
via82cxxx_audio
emu10k1
agpgart
nls_cp437
nls_iso8859-1
ext3
reiserfs
af_packet
autofs4
mii
crc32
and here's my current lsmod (after using modprobe 8139too to open 8139too, mii and crc32)
Code:
8139too                17408  0
mii                     4032  1 8139too
crc32                   3840  1 8139too
snd_pcm_oss            48420  0
nls_cp437               5376  4
snd_mixer_oss          16768  1 snd_pcm_oss
apm                    15524  1
parport_pc             26860  1
lp                      8836  0
parport                36392  2 parport_pc,lp
uhci_hcd               29840  0
ohci_hcd               15808  0
ehci_hcd               22596  0
evdev                   7680  0
snd_emu10k1            64004  4
snd_rawmidi            20000  1 snd_emu10k1
snd_pcm                86180  4 snd_pcm_oss,snd_emu10k1
snd_timer              21252  1 snd_pcm
snd_ac97_codec         51716  1 snd_emu10k1
snd_page_alloc          9028  2 snd_emu10k1,snd_pcm
snd_util_mem            3264  1 snd_emu10k1
snd_hwdep               7264  1 snd_emu10k1
snd                    43940  15 snd_pcm_oss,snd_mixer_oss,snd_emu10k1,snd_rawmidi,snd_pcm,snd_timer,snd_ac97_codec,snd_util_mem,snd_hwdep
soundcore               7392  1 snd
root@tux:~# lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by
8139too                17408  0
mii                     4032  1 8139too
crc32                   3840  1 8139too
snd_pcm_oss            48420  0
nls_cp437               5376  4
snd_mixer_oss          16768  1 snd_pcm_oss
apm                    15524  1
parport_pc             26860  1
lp                      8836  0
parport                36392  2 parport_pc,lp
uhci_hcd               29840  0
ohci_hcd               15808  0
ehci_hcd               22596  0
evdev                   7680  0
snd_emu10k1            64004  4
snd_rawmidi            20000  1 snd_emu10k1
snd_pcm                86180  4 snd_pcm_oss,snd_emu10k1
snd_timer              21252  1 snd_pcm
snd_ac97_codec         51716  1 snd_emu10k1
snd_page_alloc          9028  2 snd_emu10k1,snd_pcm
snd_util_mem            3264  1 snd_emu10k1
snd_hwdep               7264  1 snd_emu10k1
snd                    43940  15 snd_pcm_oss,snd_mixer_oss,snd_emu10k1,snd_rawmidi,snd_pcm,snd_timer,snd_ac97_codec,snd_util_mem,snd_hwdep
soundcore               7392  1 snd
Seems like there's lots of stuff in there that isn't being loaded...though I just looked through and some of that stuff like bttv and tuner are left over from 2.4.2x