That "dictionary" thing was really bugging me. So I downloaded abiword 1.0.4 source and installed it with make, then make install. And no more problems. First had to remove the other abiword.
How do I get and install the English dictionary for the Abiword that came with the Jan. release of Knoppix?
Thanks for the help.
David
That "dictionary" thing was really bugging me. So I downloaded abiword 1.0.4 source and installed it with make, then make install. And no more problems. First had to remove the other abiword.
I am pretty much a newbie. So how did you uninstall the Abiword that came with the Jan. distribution, download and install the 1.04 version since I only saw RPM packages??
Thanks David
[email protected]
As root in a console (apt-get remove abiword) then still as root (alien -i abiword.rpm) will to convert the .rpm to a .deb and then install it automatically.
Thanks so very much. You are a tremendous help!
David
If you are running a HD install and want to fix your existing AbiWord, use apt-get to install aspell and the necessary aspell dictionary such as aspell-en, then the abiword dictionary will work.
HTH
rock
Thanks Rock you guys are so helpful...I really appreciate it.
David

DEC 3010A Vintage Ceramic chip - ALL LEGS INTACT (BO)
$100.00
Vintage DEC Digital M8048 5013995C PDP-11 LSI 11 ROM (B3)
$149.99
Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal
$150.00
Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99
Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$79.99
6 Vintage DEC Digital System Building Blocks - Flip Chips
$95.00
Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard
$149.99
VINTAGE DEC LA34/ LA100 SERIES KEYBOARD W/NUMERIC PAD 70-17864-01C
$140.00
Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99
Vintage DEC LR150-11 Power Supply 70-0464-01 Rev S Sun Shoebox Server PSU Used
$160.00