Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Accessing hda6 partition

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    17

    Accessing hda6 partition

    I installed Knoppix to my harddrive.
    It was fantastic and simple. and I upgraded to KDE3.1 with the help of this forum.

    Ive got a challenge i need help with though. When I went through the knx-hdinstall,
    I left all the partitions the way they were.

    so I have
    hda1 as the boot
    hda5 as the swap
    hda6 as an extra partition that was there.

    I have a 5 GB harddrive but it seems to only recognize hda1 and hda5.
    so it is only recognizing 3GB.

    however in my /mnt I have hda1 and hda6 listed and I can access them, but
    none of the partion programs are able to recognize them.

    can anyone help me recover the extra 2GB that are hidden?

    thanks in advance for your help
    luis

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Florida, US
    Posts
    41
    So you have a 3G boot on hda1?

    To see all the partions try:

    cat /proc/partitions

    You can also see the swap space being used by typing:

    cat /proc/swaps

    cfdisk is the easyist to use to change the partitions on your machine. But be very careful as you can loss all your data.

    (cfdisk -- edit)

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Posts
    35
    I believe he meant cfdisk


    Quote Originally Posted by AvidLinuxUser
    cfidsk is the easyist

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    17
    Thanks for all your help,

    Here are the results
    major minor #blocks name
    3 0 5004720 hda
    3 1 2887888 hda1
    3 2 1 hda2
    3 5 249448 hda5
    3 6 1867288 hda6

    So the hda6 in my mnt folder is the same one and its the
    right size.

    thanks again.

    PS yep I have a 3GB hda1 partition, knoppix set the partitions itself
    I figure Klaus knows a little more about linux than I do so I left it alone



    Luis

Similar Threads

  1. Accessing the C: drive
    By KillYourRadio in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-11-2004, 03:48 AM
  2. Accessing my home dirctory on / partition
    By mr_dellarenta in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-11-2003, 02:24 PM
  3. accessing harddrives
    By chief in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-22-2003, 08:48 PM
  4. Accessing an ext3 partition
    By DrMartinus in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-02-2003, 05:43 AM
  5. accessing floppy drive
    By boehmb in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-15-2003, 09:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


IBM Power S822 POWER8 1x CPU 32GB DDR4 RAM 2U Rack Server No HDD. picture

IBM Power S822 POWER8 1x CPU 32GB DDR4 RAM 2U Rack Server No HDD.

$629.99



Lot of 2 IBM blade center Type H chassis 8852 picture

Lot of 2 IBM blade center Type H chassis 8852

$559.00



IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU picture

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU

$200.00



IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM

$149.99



IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS picture

IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS

$80.00



IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES picture

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES

$108.92



IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU picture

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU

$999.99



IBM X3650 M5 5462-AC1,2 X E5-2640V3 2.6GHZ 8C, 16 GB, DUAL 750W, 2 X 1TB SERVER picture

IBM X3650 M5 5462-AC1,2 X E5-2640V3 2.6GHZ 8C, 16 GB, DUAL 750W, 2 X 1TB SERVER

$349.99



IBM System S822 Dual Socket Server Motherboard W/Cage FRU P/N: 74Y4343 Tested picture

IBM System S822 Dual Socket Server Motherboard W/Cage FRU P/N: 74Y4343 Tested

$499.99



Ibm Computer Tower picture

Ibm Computer Tower

$400.00