-
Knoppix 3.3 on Transmeta TM5800
Hi all,
I'm new here, so take it easy on me..
Just installing v3.3 on an ECS A531 "desknote" - brief specs are:
256Mb RAM / 30Gb HD (all Linux !!) / TM5800 transmeta proc.
(I'll post the complete specs if anyone wants them)
Has anyone tried Knoppix on a Transmeta machine yet ? Any pitfalls ?
I was introduced to Knoppix by my good friend, Marcel Gagne (author and LJ columnist), and I'm seriously thinking of permenantly switching the notebook to it from Mandrake.
Jon
P.S. I'm in Sydney, Australia - if there are other Aussies on the list, drop me a line.
-
Hello Jon!
Writing this post on the same laptop model, running Knoppix 3.3 
Check out http://research.indocisc.com/~andika/ecs/ for some usefull hints about Linux on that box (well, the previous model, actually) in general, but since you are already running Mandrake on it, it should not be too much news for you.
Greetings, Jochen
Similar Threads
-
By Eddie in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-10-2003, 07:53 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$12.00

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$34.01