Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: cloop on SuSE 8.2?

  1. #1

    cloop on SuSE 8.2?

    So far as I know, cloop is not available on 8.2. I have downloaded the source, and run make cloneconfig and make dep to get a configure file. However, trying to make KERNEL_DIR=/usr/src/linux asks for a conf.vars file, which I don't have. If I touch that file, the make proceeds, but on insmod I get a message about unresolved symbols. Can anyone give me any ideas on what i might be doing wrong?

    Thanks, Kevin

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    361

    Re: cloop on SuSE 8.2?

    Quote Originally Posted by donnek
    So far as I know, cloop is not available on 8.2. I have downloaded the source, and run make cloneconfig and make dep to get a configure file. However, trying to make KERNEL_DIR=/usr/src/linux asks for a conf.vars file, which I don't have. If I touch that file, the make proceeds, but on insmod I get a message about unresolved symbols. Can anyone give me any ideas on what i might be doing wrong?

    Thanks, Kevin
    Perhaps a stupid question but do you have the kernel sources in /usr/src/linux ? They are needed to compile the cloop module.

  3. #3
    Yes, I installed those - as I said, I ran make cloneconfig and make dep with no problems. But the conf.vars file seems to be the problem - I don't know where it comes from or what its supposed to do - I don't have one.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-12-2005, 12:12 AM
  2. SuSe Pro 9.2 or Knoppix 3.7?
    By HewJass in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-11-2005, 03:44 AM
  3. SuSE LiveCD 9.1
    By EmDee in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-20-2004, 05:04 PM
  4. cloop : unable to get major 240 for cloop
    By psirac in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-12-2004, 09:22 PM
  5. SuSE escapee needs help!
    By fingers99 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-27-2003, 03:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS picture

Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS

$127.54



Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor   picture

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor

$50.00



Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS picture

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS

$239.99



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS picture

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS

$179.98



Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS picture

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS

$84.49



Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU picture

Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU

$7.95



Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km picture

Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km

$15.99



For Parts - Lenovo ThinkServer TS460 Part Number: 70TT-0020UX picture

For Parts - Lenovo ThinkServer TS460 Part Number: 70TT-0020UX

$149.99



Dell Precision T1700 Workstation Intel Xeon 16G Ram 256GG SSD Nvidia 600  Win 10 picture

Dell Precision T1700 Workstation Intel Xeon 16G Ram 256GG SSD Nvidia 600 Win 10

$109.99