-
Junior Member
registered user
too low memory, no KNOPPIX filesystem
I am unable to create the compressed filesystem: any time I try, I get:
__alloc_pages: 0-order allocation failed
VM: killing process create_compress
I guess the problem is low memory, but - as you can see from free output (totals):
free 191520
swap 249992
it isnt so low!
How much memory do I need????
Thanks!
Alessandro
Similar Threads
-
By thaumielx72 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-24-2005, 05:23 PM
-
By Coldfirex in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-22-2004, 05:02 PM
-
By billyjobob in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 11-04-2003, 07:17 AM
-
By robbika in forum Ideas
Replies: 13
Last Post: 10-08-2003, 11:36 PM
-
By rrolsbe in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-12-2003, 09:42 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Rare California Computer Systems Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems
$275.00

Vintage Rare Cromemco Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems
$225.00

MITS 88 SIOB Serial-TT, An Single Serial I/O Port S-100Board For the Altair 8800
$189.95

SSM IO-4 S100 I/O Interface Board 2-Serial 2-Parallel Altair IMSAI Untested
$119.99

MITS Altair 8800 4K RAM Board
$675.00

Vintage Octagon 256K Static RAM (32 x HM6264LP-12) Board S-100 Altair IMSAI
$150.00

S-100 backplane motherboard bare PCB 9 slot (for Altair/IMSAI)
$34.99

S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair
$29.99

Microcomputer Builder's Bible IMSAI 8080 Z80 ADM-3A DEC LSI-11 Altair 8800 Bus
$59.99