Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: cloop on SuSE 8.2?

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    cloop on SuSE 8.2?

    So far as I know, cloop is not available on 8.2. I have downloaded the source, and run make cloneconfig and make dep to get a configure file. However, trying to make KERNEL_DIR=/usr/src/linux asks for a conf.vars file, which I don't have. If I touch that file, the make proceeds, but on insmod I get a message about unresolved symbols. Can anyone give me any ideas on what i might be doing wrong?

    Thanks, Kevin

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    361

    Re: cloop on SuSE 8.2?

    Quote Originally Posted by donnek
    So far as I know, cloop is not available on 8.2. I have downloaded the source, and run make cloneconfig and make dep to get a configure file. However, trying to make KERNEL_DIR=/usr/src/linux asks for a conf.vars file, which I don't have. If I touch that file, the make proceeds, but on insmod I get a message about unresolved symbols. Can anyone give me any ideas on what i might be doing wrong?

    Thanks, Kevin
    Perhaps a stupid question but do you have the kernel sources in /usr/src/linux ? They are needed to compile the cloop module.

  3. #3
    Yes, I installed those - as I said, I ran make cloneconfig and make dep with no problems. But the conf.vars file seems to be the problem - I don't know where it comes from or what its supposed to do - I don't have one.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-12-2005, 12:12 AM
  2. SuSe Pro 9.2 or Knoppix 3.7?
    By HewJass in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-11-2005, 03:44 AM
  3. SuSE LiveCD 9.1
    By EmDee in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-20-2004, 05:04 PM
  4. cloop : unable to get major 240 for cloop
    By psirac in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-12-2004, 09:22 PM
  5. SuSE escapee needs help!
    By fingers99 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-27-2003, 03:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Apple Keyboard Vintage M3501 picture

Apple Keyboard Vintage M3501

$50.00



Vintage Apple M4402 Black 24V 1.87A 45W AC Power Adapter for Macintosh PowerBoo picture

Vintage Apple M4402 Black 24V 1.87A 45W AC Power Adapter for Macintosh PowerBoo

$72.00



Lot of 3 VIntage  Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS picture

Lot of 3 VIntage Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS

$7.00



Vintage Apple PowerBook G4 Titanium Laptop 800 MHz 60 GB HD 15

Vintage Apple PowerBook G4 Titanium Laptop 800 MHz 60 GB HD 15" LCD Screen A1001

$79.99



Vintage Apple USB Mouse M4848 Bondi Blue iMac G3 Hockey Puck - Tested Working picture

Vintage Apple USB Mouse M4848 Bondi Blue iMac G3 Hockey Puck - Tested Working

$22.99



Apple Vintage Inside Macintosh Book Set Volumes I, II, III, IV & V December 1988 picture

Apple Vintage Inside Macintosh Book Set Volumes I, II, III, IV & V December 1988

$149.00



Vintage Apple Newton MessagePad 120 with Stylus - Tested Works picture

Vintage Apple Newton MessagePad 120 with Stylus - Tested Works

$139.99



Apple II Versa Computing, Inc. Vintage VersaWriter Reference Manual w/ Diskettes picture

Apple II Versa Computing, Inc. Vintage VersaWriter Reference Manual w/ Diskettes

$199.00



Vintage Apple Macintosh Performa 6115CD M1596 Desktop Computer Power Tested Only picture

Vintage Apple Macintosh Performa 6115CD M1596 Desktop Computer Power Tested Only

$89.96



Vintage Apple Assembly Line Newsletter Vol: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 From 1984 picture

Vintage Apple Assembly Line Newsletter Vol: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 From 1984

$179.99