Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 23 of 23

Thread: CD fails to boot

  1. #21
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    22

    I think you burned it wrong with easy cd creator

    Go to linuxiso.org and on the right side of page click on how to burn a iso it has explination for how to burn with easy cd creator ,nero and others program( you burned it wrong ) you have to click on edit or file cant remember wich one at top of program then selct copy image from iso then at bottom use pull down to selct iso file type other wise choice in file window wont show Just follow there instructions Its self explanitory

  2. #22
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    22
    Sorry1 on left side of page at linuxiso.org

  3. #23
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    10
    Well I think I finally figured it out!
    I downloaded Knoppix via Internet explorer.
    I think that might have been the problem (go figure).
    It could also have been the way I burned it with easy cd creater.
    I had a lot of differnt things (variables) that I tried.
    Finally I downloaded it via Netscape,
    Burned the ISO via Nero 5.5 (or somethhing like that),
    and it worked out ok.
    In the future, I'll download with a download software like windos_no_thanks sugguested or at least via somthing other than microsoft. I would reccommend the same to others..
    Thanks guys.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. CD Boot works, HDD Installed boot fails at second hurdle
    By Rib in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-07-2004, 12:43 PM
  2. Knoppix Fails to boot
    By julan in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-07-2004, 07:54 AM
  3. Remastered CD fails to boot
    By bhaskar in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-08-2004, 07:12 AM
  4. boot from floppy fails ??
    By Goner in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-07-2003, 01:16 AM
  5. Fails to boot
    By AndrewDucker in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-20-2003, 09:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage DEC LSI-11 PDP-11 Paper Tape Software Lot (96 Tapes) Cables Hardware picture

Vintage DEC LSI-11 PDP-11 Paper Tape Software Lot (96 Tapes) Cables Hardware

$649.00



Vintage DEC Digital M8048 5013995C PDP-11 LSI 11 ROM (B3) picture

Vintage DEC Digital M8048 5013995C PDP-11 LSI 11 ROM (B3)

$149.99



Vintage Computer Lot Commodore IBM Gateway AT Gaming Towers DEC IBM HUGE CRT LOT picture

Vintage Computer Lot Commodore IBM Gateway AT Gaming Towers DEC IBM HUGE CRT LOT

$7250.00



Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7) picture

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)

$279.99



DEC 3010A Vintage Ceramic chip - ALL LEGS INTACT (BO) picture

DEC 3010A Vintage Ceramic chip - ALL LEGS INTACT (BO)

$100.00



Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal picture

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal

$150.00



VINTAGE DEC LA34/ LA100 SERIES KEYBOARD W/NUMERIC PAD 70-17864-01C picture

VINTAGE DEC LA34/ LA100 SERIES KEYBOARD W/NUMERIC PAD 70-17864-01C

$140.00



6 Vintage DEC Digital System Building Blocks - Flip Chips  picture

6 Vintage DEC Digital System Building Blocks - Flip Chips

$95.00



VINTAGE DEC/MDB Systems MLSI-TEV Circuit Board #40040340 1976 (B5) picture

VINTAGE DEC/MDB Systems MLSI-TEV Circuit Board #40040340 1976 (B5)

$69.99



Vintage DEC LR150-11 Power Supply 70-0464-01 Rev S Sun Shoebox Server PSU Used picture

Vintage DEC LR150-11 Power Supply 70-0464-01 Rev S Sun Shoebox Server PSU Used

$160.00