Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: too low memory, no KNOPPIX filesystem

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    24

    too low memory, no KNOPPIX filesystem

    I am unable to create the compressed filesystem: any time I try, I get:

    __alloc_pages: 0-order allocation failed
    VM: killing process create_compress

    I guess the problem is low memory, but - as you can see from free output (totals):

    free 191520
    swap 249992

    it isnt so low!
    How much memory do I need????


    Thanks!

    Alessandro

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    24
    don't tell anything - I'm a dumbass, I forgot to swapon on the main swap file!

    Alessandro

Similar Threads

  1. Memory Management in Knoppix?
    By thaumielx72 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-24-2005, 05:23 PM
  2. Test memory with Knoppix?
    By Coldfirex in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-22-2004, 05:02 PM
  3. Knoppix with low memory?
    By billyjobob in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-04-2003, 07:17 AM
  4. Knoppix on USB flash memory
    By robbika in forum Ideas
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-08-2003, 11:36 PM
  5. 1 GB memory boot ISO image run entirely from memory?
    By rrolsbe in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-12-2003, 09:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP,  (6 CDS) picture

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)

$10.00



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$33.72