-
Junior Member
registered user
Wrong ISO dimension
I've tried to make my knoppix remaster as described in KnoppixRemasteringHowto document.
All works fine for me except the dimension of the final ISO. It's always greater than I expected.
So I've decided to make an experiment: remaster knoppix... without remastering !
Well, I mean: I've repeated all the step described in KnoppixRemasteringHowto document except that I've removed/added absolutely nothing.
I've said: now the remaster ISO will be (obviously) of the same dimension of the original...
NO !!!!
KNOPPIX_V3.3-2004-02-16-EN.iso = 699.9 MB = 733.928.848 bytes
My remaster = 703,4 MB
What's wrong ?!?
-
Senior Member
registered user
It should be somewhere in the docs..
Mr. Knopper uptimizes his version so the files are more optionaly distributed and thus take less space. It's ussualy too much work for remasterer to follow that technique...
Search old postings for that link to mailing list message..
-
Junior Member
registered user
yes, I found it.
Thanks !
Similar Threads
-
By hj.geiss in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-19-2005, 04:48 PM
-
By ngs in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-28-2005, 04:43 PM
-
By ovunque in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-21-2004, 06:10 PM
-
By level in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-03-2004, 08:39 AM
-
By H-Makro in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-14-2003, 08:04 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU
$15.99

Intel Core Ultra 7 265K CPU Desktop Processor LGA 1851 20-Core - New
$284.79

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

Intel Core I7-7700 SR338 3.60 Ghz Processor
$39.99

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Lenovo ThinkCentre M920s SFF Barebones PC Motherboard PSU DVD No CPU RAM SSD
$27.99

AMD - Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core - 16-Thread 3.4 GHz (4.5 GHz Max Boost) w/ Ice Pad
$355.99