-
Senior Member
registered user
Help with partitioning
Hello....I have replaced my KNOPPIX 3.3 with 2.4 on my Gateway laptop and it is very good and seems to be very functional. I was reading that "GODOT" webpage on his installation and I did install it using that. He, and many others suggest 3 partitions. One for swap, linux system [boot] and a HOME directory. Well since my HDD is 10GIG, I figured I should do the 3 partition deal instead of the usual 2 partition that I have been using. Only cause I see now how easier it will be as far as installing things and keeping track. I need help though cause I am not sure what to do. I like to use CFDISK to partition. So what I will do is from my 10G HDD, I will make the first partition a 5Gig partition for LINUX [boot]. Then the second partition a 1Gig SWAP. {I have 512 MB ram} And that leaves 4Gig left over for my HOME partition. But when I install KNOPPIX, how does it know to install my HOME driectory to the 3rd partition I made for HOME?????? I am not sure what to expect. Do i just do a normal install and MOVE my HOME directory from the 2nd LINUX [boot] partition to my 3rd HOME partition???? Since I have been using KNOPPIX 3.3 since Feb, I have always just used 2 partitions cause I didnt think it really mattered with 3, but now I see the benefit of a separate HOME partition. I just dont know how to set it up....please help!!!! I would like to work on this maybe tonite after dinner!!! Bob
Similar Threads
-
By mimes in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-16-2004, 01:33 AM
-
By goober in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-01-2004, 03:49 AM
-
By Kowood in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 13
Last Post: 09-19-2004, 08:08 PM
-
By donald_willy in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-07-2004, 05:09 AM
-
By senorian in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-20-2003, 03:19 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

Samsung 8GB DDR4 SO-DIMM PC4-3200AA 260-Pin RAM M471A1G44BB0-CWE Module
$29.25

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$30.00

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

MINT Micron Cisco 32GB PC4-2400T DDR4 2Rx4 RDIMM RAM MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G3 LOT
$159.99

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00

A-Tech RAM 16GB DDR4 PC4-21300 DIMM/2666MHz
$50.00

Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000MHz XMP CMD16GX4M4B3000C15
$85.00