-
Senior Member
registered user
Hey rickenbacherus, you should be proud of me - I have stuck in my "user" account for more than five days now - done apt-get installs, removals, checked system configurations, and made changes to "root" only files - all from within my "user" account 
Markus, I did your idea - I created a "root shell" on my taskbar, and then went through the konsole desktop file and changed the schema to what you suggested.
Now I have about three konsole shells running, most all the time, two for "user", and one as "root". I do my apt-get and system stuff through the "root" konsole, and the two "user" konsoles are used for starting apps, the second one is for xkill - since my ALSA is being a pain in the rump - still trying to get it working, but - I fire off XMMS and it locks everytime, so the second konsole "user" window is a fast way to run xkill, and get rid of the locked-up XMMS...
I'm learning here, and, I think I am growing, as well - maybe in a few years of working with this, I may be a "seasoned pro" at all of this 
[giggle]
Cuddles
Similar Threads
-
By timread in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-18-2004, 06:50 PM
-
By zombi3 in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 12-25-2003, 07:05 AM
-
By oreo in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 07-23-2003, 06:33 PM
-
By geebee2000 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 9
Last Post: 05-21-2003, 07:29 PM
-
By Juny in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-14-2003, 09:02 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

G-Technology G-RAID 24TB Dual-Drive External HDD TB3 USB 3.1 7200RPM Silver
$299.99

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.19

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

Intel® Integrated RAID Mezzanine Module RMS3HC080 SAS/SATA H24093-204
$24.97

Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i
$228.00