Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Saving stuff to internal Zip?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    WNY, USA
    Posts
    19

    Saving stuff to internal Zip?

    Hello, all

    I have been using the Knoppix Live CD everyday since I burned it. It's great. It's nice to be able to save my configurations to a floppy, as well.

    I was wondering:

    There would be little need for an install if I could save data, docs, and other stuff to my internal 100MB ZIP drive. Is this possible? From the KDE desktop, I can't see my ZIP.

    Is it supported on the live CD?

    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    WNY, USA
    Posts
    19
    My internal Zip is on the same cable as the CD-ROM (IDE). Yet my HD is on a second IDE cable. Maybe this info helps. Is there some sort of command I can type to get it to work? Some sort of specific place to save info to (like my IDE zip, but not HD or floppy)?

    I have looked in the FAQ and every topic deals with either

    (A) You have KNOPPIX on your HD

    and/or

    (B) you are using a USB ZIP drive.

    I hope someone has some sort of command, or something. I can't find it playing with knoppix.

    This is concerning the LIVE CD.

    thanks

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-15-2005, 09:48 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-16-2004, 02:16 AM
  3. I'm buying an internal modem. Which one?
    By Kerosene in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-19-2004, 03:22 AM
  4. Internal modem; anyone get one to work???
    By The Fader in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-18-2004, 09:30 PM
  5. newb help w/ saving stuff
    By richpodraza in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-13-2003, 08:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5 picture

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5

$189.99



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield picture

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield

$84.99



ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio picture

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio

$34.99



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P picture

MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P

$71.49



MSI - B550M PRO-VDH WIFI (Socket AM4) AMD B550 MATX DDR4 Wi-Fi 6 Motherboard ... picture

MSI - B550M PRO-VDH WIFI (Socket AM4) AMD B550 MATX DDR4 Wi-Fi 6 Motherboard ...

$89.99



ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU picture

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU

$45.00



ASRock IMB-X1314 LGA 1700 Intel W680 DDR4 Quad display Micro-ATX Motherboard picture

ASRock IMB-X1314 LGA 1700 Intel W680 DDR4 Quad display Micro-ATX Motherboard

$351.99