-
Senior Member
registered user
Stephen,
(Or anyone else who has been using 3.2/3.2.1) have you had problems using alt + tab to switch between windows? I've found that on more than one of my machines if I have a few applications open and try and switch between them using alt + tab that sometimes window preview app pops up and then gets stuck. This would also happen in 3.1 occasionally but I found that clicking on the preview window itself would usually get rid of it. In 3.2 the problem has been much worse for me. When it gets stuck in 3.2, there is nothing I can do. The mouse will move all around the screen, but virtually none of the kde windows will respond to any right or left clicks. Moreover, the keyboard pretty unresponsive altogether. This means that trying to get into a virtual terminal and kill something via ctrl + alt + Fn won't work at all. Ctrl + alt + esc won't invoke xkill either. I have been able to ssh into said box and kill kdm. Then I can restart KDE w/o rebooting, but what sort of solution is this? Not a very good one. I haven't updated to 3.2.1 yet so maybe it's fixed there. Anyone else had this problem though? I asked about it in irc at #kde, but didn't get much of a response: just someone who didn't like Debian.
Thanks,
Adam
Similar Threads
-
By lotech in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-20-2005, 02:25 AM
-
By Everscythe in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-14-2005, 09:38 AM
-
By Jimmmac in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 05-21-2004, 09:12 AM
-
By jdong in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-14-2003, 03:32 PM
-
By vesselinpeev in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-26-2003, 09:03 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012
$109.99

IBM 02YC027 Seagate ST2400MM0129 2.4TB 10K SAS 12Gb/s 2.5" Server Hard Drive
$200.00

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

Lot of 3 IBM 00JY196 ServeRAID M1210 PCI Express SAS SATA Storage Controller
$68.99