-
Senior Member
registered user
Success!
I followed all your pointers and I have now have a nice KDE 3.2.1 desktop :)
- I cleared up the locales mess - glad (?) to hear that it's a bug and not just my incompetence ;)
- I continued 'dpkg --configure -a'-ing and 'apt-get -u -t unstable dist-upgrade'-ing (and probably other things mentioned here), had a crash, rebooted a once or twice, used debconf (or was it just 'dpkg --configure -a' that launched debconf?) accepted new config files for X (and kdm?) etc etc and eventually everything came together :)
So the secret is have someone there to help you along (thanks Stephen), keep the faith (even if you find yourself losing window managers on the way), and just keep going at it.
Impressed with KDE 3.2, it's a very strong contender for my desktop/wm of choice (although I was surprised at how much I liked fluxbox; IceWM is the other one I appreciate). Just one particularly annoying bug though - Desktop Sharing does not work :( I've added to the bug report at the KDE site.
Now just back to waiting for Knoppix 3.4 CeBIT (I want a 2.6 kernel, and it's impossible for me to do a manual upgrade).
Similar Threads
-
By lotech in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-20-2005, 02:25 AM
-
By Everscythe in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-14-2005, 09:38 AM
-
By Jimmmac in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 05-21-2004, 09:12 AM
-
By jdong in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-14-2003, 03:32 PM
-
By vesselinpeev in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-26-2003, 09:03 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

WD Blue 500GB 3D NAND 2.5” SATA III SSD
$40.00

Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD
$23.00