Hi...I am having this same problem. Did anyone find an answer? I have tried all of the noapm, noacpi, etc. codes but nothing seems to work.
I'm having an odd problem with an install of 3.4ct. Before, I was using an hdd install of...I think 3.2, with my resolution at 1280x1024. But for some reason I can't seem to use that screen size in this install. It's just jumping to the next in line, 1152x864.
Even stranger, I tried to boot using the 3.4ct cd with 1280x1024 - it'll do so if I boot with the 2.4 kernel, but using the 2.6 kernel all I get is a blank screen and no apparent progress in booting.
Anyone have an idea what the problem might be?
Hi...I am having this same problem. Did anyone find an answer? I have tried all of the noapm, noacpi, etc. codes but nothing seems to work.
I didn't tell you my hardware:
Sony PCG-Z1VA, Centrino, 512MB, 60GB, Radeon Mobility w/ 16MB

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00
Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99
MTC8C1084S1SC56BD1 Micron 16GB DDR5 1Rx8 PC5-5600B 5600Mhz SO-DIMM Memory
$149.99
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99
Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00
RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00
DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00
Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00
Crucial DDR3L 16GB 2 x 8GB 1600 MHz PC3L-12800 Laptop RAM Sodimm Memory 1.35V
$41.00