-
knoppix -> Realtek 8139 problems connecting to home lan
Hi... Someone out there willing to help me ? I 've browsed this forum and a lot others to find a solution... in vain.
I 'm a linux newbie, but liked to convince myself that it 's just better than Windows... Having a difficult time with it. I Installed Fedora, that was a nice smooth install, had internet acces and lan immediately.
But... It ran significantly slower than knoppix. (200MMX 150MB ram)
So... I installed knoppix to my harddisk, but I can 't get my internet connection nor lan to work. I connect to a W2K pc via a cross over cable, same thing under fedora did the trick...
Some things I already tried:
- knoppix=noapci at boot didn 't help
pump -i fails (whatever that means)
lspci does list my ethernetcard (RTL 8139/...C/...C+) rev10
lsmod doesn 't list 8139too (which I think is the driver for that card ???)
when used modprobe 8139too, lsmod lists it, with a 0 next to it...
netcardconfig fails to send dhcp
the lisa network wizard can 't find a network interface
ifconfig -a returns almost everywhere a 0 except for txqueuelen: 1000
If someone can help me with this one, I'll be able to continue exploring linux... A nice tutorial about what modules are, how to load them, how drivers are used in linux etc.. would be nice too... I 'm willing to do the work myself, but am really stuck rightnow !
Similar Threads
-
By brycen in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-26-2004, 08:39 AM
-
By anastas in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-06-2004, 04:58 PM
-
By coltrane in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-09-2004, 01:50 AM
-
By giax in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-13-2003, 04:01 AM
-
By nmather in forum Networking
Replies: 10
Last Post: 08-23-2003, 07:13 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

2X - SK Hynix 8GB (16GB) 2Rx8 PC4 2133P ECC HMA41GR7AFR8N-TF Server Memory RAM
$61.95

Lot Of 8 Micron 8GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V-RE2-11 ECC REG Server Ram MTA18ASF1G72PDZ-2G6
$210.00

LOT OF 2 SK Hynix 8GB 1Rx8 PC4-3200AA ECC HMA81GR7CJR8N-XN
$89.95

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Lot of 32 IBM 32GB SERVER MEMORY MT80KHF4G72M3DZ-1G6E4B50A 00LP736 4Gx72 = DW
$17000.00

Micron 64GB 4DRX4 PC4-2400T-LE2-11 MTA72ASS8G72LZ-2G3B2MG DDR4 Server RAM KD313
$229.98

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

Lot Of 16Micron MTA36ASF2G72PZ-2G1A2IJ 16GB 2Rx4 PC4-2133P-RB0-10 ECC Server Ram
$960.00

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98