-
after apt-get upgrade xdm default login
Hello first post here, must say I am loving Knoppix. I was searching for anything similar to my configuration problem and couldn't find anything. Basically, I did an apt-get upgrade, afterwards my graphical login changed to xdm instead of kdm. I can login normally to KDE with my username, but I would like to have the KDE login back, as it is a much more robust login. I launched ksysv and noticed that xdm and kdm both start (along with more stuff I don't need), when I remove xdm I get dropped to command line on boot. Also from that commandline I can just type kdm (as root) and get into the graphical login..great. But I want my box to start into the KDE login all the time. I also noticed watching the boot process that when it passes KDM it says it's not my default wm...blarg
. Any help would be much appreciated.
Similar Threads
-
By majo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-31-2005, 01:32 PM
-
By jeremymeindl in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-29-2004, 01:06 AM
-
By gmwest5 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-03-2004, 08:57 AM
-
By danx in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-22-2003, 12:53 AM
-
By clintonian in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 7
Last Post: 03-12-2003, 10:33 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$169.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2a 8-Core Ryzen Pro 7 5850U 1.90GHz 512GB SSD 16GB RAM
$300.00

Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor
$175.00

AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor
$250.00

AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650GE 100-000000153 6-Core 3.30GHz 8MB AM4 CPU Processor
$59.99

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00

AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99

Microsoft Surface Go 2 Laptop Core i5 1135G7 2.4GHz 8GB 128GB SSD
$179.99

Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11
$250.00

Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS
$259.98