Hi, I'm newbie in linux

My knoppix started from CD can't see the disks connected to promise controller card
When I'm starting knoppix from cd I got:
hdf: drive not ready for command
hdf: drive not ready for command
ide-scsi: hdd: unsupported command in request queue (0)
--------------//--------------------- 7 x
ldm_validate_partition_table(): Disk read failed
ide-scsi: hdd: unsupported command in request queue (0)
--------------//--------------------- 3 x
hdf: drive not ready for command
hdf: drive not ready for command
I found somewhere that starting linux with parameter:

boot: vmlinuz ide2=0xc800, 0xcc02 ide3=0xd000, 0xd402
should help. When I get after the above message the following ones:
pdcraid: Error reading superblock
pdcraid: Error reading superblock
hptraid: Error reading superblock
hptraid: Error reading superblock
hptraid: Error reading superblock
silraid: Error reading superblock
after that knoppix configures the system and starts, but without seeing the disks
The disks are connected to ultra 100 tx2 promise pci card

What should i do ? The tech. supp. of promise techn. send me info that there are no drivers required since support for that card should be build in the kernel

thanx in advance

Lukasz