-
Intel Extreme Graphics running as 640x480
I have an 'Intel Extreme Graphics' chip (82845, supported like i810) in a machine with 2 GB of memory. When I boot knoppix, I get a message to the effect that the 'insmod' for i810 fauls becuase 'agpgart' has a memory allocation error; and the X-server runs in 640x480 mode.
My monitor is capable of everything up to 1600x1200.
What do I specify to get my video hardware working to its capability ?
-
Intel Extreme Graphics - more
I increased the 'AGP memory' in the BIOS settings to 8 MB, and the aperture to 128 MB. I still get the error message, but now I get an 1024x768 screen.
I get 'i810: Unknown symbol cmpxchg' from char/drm/i810.ko when trying to run the c't knoppix26.
So, better, but not perfect. Can I tell if I am running 'accelerated' video ?
-
Intel Extreme Graphics
I had exactly the same problem running Knoppix 3.2 - neither my on-board graphics or on-board sound was working.
However, both seem fine in 3.3
Now, the power managment doesn't work; which isn't so important.
(I ought to run Knoppix again, and retrieve the specific error messages and post them here, instead of just whinging at my colleagues.)
Similar Threads
-
By Brudus in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-08-2005, 05:57 PM
-
By Warrior in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-06-2005, 01:37 PM
-
By aroman in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-26-2005, 03:20 AM
-
By ravenmore in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-23-2005, 12:00 AM
-
By eris_pluvia in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-24-2004, 07:13 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SK Hynix 32GB 2RX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 RDIMM Server Memory RAM, HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK
$169.95

Hynix & Samsun (Lot Of 36) 4GB 2Rx8 PC3L-10600R DDR3 Server Memory 144GB Total
$120.00

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99

MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G9E2 MICRON 32GB (1X32GB) 2RX4 PC4-2933Y MEMORY
$229.00

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

lot of 5 SK Hynix 32GB (160GB) PC4-2666V ECC Server RAM HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK Tested
$1000.00

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$288.19

Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW
$1.39