Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Intel Extreme Graphics running as 640x480

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    6

    Intel Extreme Graphics running as 640x480

    I have an 'Intel Extreme Graphics' chip (82845, supported like i810) in a machine with 2 GB of memory. When I boot knoppix, I get a message to the effect that the 'insmod' for i810 fauls becuase 'agpgart' has a memory allocation error; and the X-server runs in 640x480 mode.

    My monitor is capable of everything up to 1600x1200.

    What do I specify to get my video hardware working to its capability ?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    6

    Intel Extreme Graphics - more

    I increased the 'AGP memory' in the BIOS settings to 8 MB, and the aperture to 128 MB. I still get the error message, but now I get an 1024x768 screen.

    I get 'i810: Unknown symbol cmpxchg' from char/drm/i810.ko when trying to run the c't knoppix26.

    So, better, but not perfect. Can I tell if I am running 'accelerated' video ?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    South-West of England
    Posts
    1

    Intel Extreme Graphics

    I had exactly the same problem running Knoppix 3.2 - neither my on-board graphics or on-board sound was working.

    However, both seem fine in 3.3

    Now, the power managment doesn't work; which isn't so important.

    (I ought to run Knoppix again, and retrieve the specific error messages and post them here, instead of just whinging at my colleagues.)

Similar Threads

  1. Can't get above 640x480
    By Brudus in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-08-2005, 05:57 PM
  2. Extreme Newbie - Internet problem
    By Warrior in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-06-2005, 01:37 PM
  3. Cannot get more than 640x480 Intel 830M Dell Inspiron 2600
    By aroman in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-26-2005, 03:20 AM
  4. PC only booting in 640x480
    By ravenmore in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-23-2005, 12:00 AM
  5. Intel graphics (865G): recompile new kernel
    By eris_pluvia in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-24-2004, 07:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠ picture

⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠

$29.90



ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield picture

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield

$84.99



ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio picture

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio

$34.99



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard picture

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

$76.49



ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI  ATX RGB picture

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB

$69.99



ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU picture

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU

$45.00



ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI picture

ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI

$289.99