-
Junior Member
registered user
STUCK: can't boot knoppix from HD
I have recently removed Mandrake from my HD, as I was strongly disappointed. When I tried Knoppix-live, I decided to install it! But...
I have Win XP on first Hard Drive, and I have successfully installed Knoppix 3.3 on second one, creating the bootloader LILO the same partiton (root). The installation went fine, execpt I had an error when Knoppix asked me to write data on a floppy (it didn't do it). When I rebooted I realized I cannot access to Linux, due to the fact that my Compaq Presario BIOS is not able to boot on second HD (only to C
, and I have no bott-floppy. Now I am stuck... Cannot make the bootloader on first HD due to NTFS, cannot load the boot from second HD due to BIOS....
Anyone knows how to put lilo an floppy (recall, I can't booot HD installation, but only live CD...)
Similar Threads
-
By Download-This in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 08-18-2004, 06:36 PM
-
By tekie in forum General Support
Replies: 12
Last Post: 03-27-2004, 06:57 PM
-
By voldemort_b in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-12-2004, 10:14 AM
-
By Boket in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-27-2003, 12:17 PM
-
By Sean in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-15-2003, 10:14 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Iomega Bernoulli 90 PRO 90MB SCSI Removable Disk Drive + Extras
$124.99

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP
$299.99

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE
$249.00

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00

Vintage RARE Gigabyte GA-5AA Socket 7 Motherboard AMD K6-2 400mhz BOOTS TO BIOS
$224.99

Vintage Laptop HP Hewlett Packard Pavilion N3110 Celeron 433 MHz *Please Read*
$50.99

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Vintage Apple Macintosh LC Getting Started Manual With Lot of 8 Floppy Discs
$24.99

Vintage Microsoft Visual Studio.NET Professional Software suite Version 2002 New
$82.00

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99