Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: x-server

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    46

    x-server

    I tried to upgrade kdm and it failed , I tried gdm and xdam , but no succes
    I can't start X not as root and not as user.
    I somewhere read a posting that I should: apt-get install x-window-system-corer
    apt-get install kde-core
    apt-get install kdm

    to get X runing again.
    I tried this put big mistake.
    I get error after apt-get downloaded several packages and tries to install them. (libx11-6,libx11-dev, libxext-dev,libxext6, and x-dev)

    try "apt-get -f install" to fix it says, but doesn't help.

    How do I get apt-get running again and how do I get X up again?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: x-server

    Quote Originally Posted by jackren
    I tried to upgrade kdm and it failed , I tried gdm and xdam , but no succes
    I can't start X not as root and not as user.
    I somewhere read a posting that I should: apt-get install x-window-system-corer
    apt-get install kde-core
    apt-get install kdm

    to get X runing again.
    I tried this put big mistake.
    I get error after apt-get downloaded several packages and tries to install them. (libx11-6,libx11-dev, libxext-dev,libxext6, and x-dev)

    try "apt-get -f install" to fix it says, but doesn't help.

    How do I get apt-get running again and how do I get X up again?
    Change to the /var/cache/apt/archives and you need to use dpkg -i --force-overwrite packages_needed_to_be_forced (these would be all the packages you are now getting errors with) then you will definitely want to use dpkg --configure -a to make sure all your packages are configured after the error.

Similar Threads

  1. FTP Server?
    By Mr. Chopper in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-21-2004, 05:56 AM
  2. vnc server
    By dougvega in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-19-2004, 11:50 PM
  3. YP Server
    By rhpot1991 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-23-2004, 08:08 PM
  4. X server crash: "Fatal server error: Active ring not fl
    By cmcclean in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-03-2003, 01:52 PM
  5. Terminal Server: Suspend to Server for clients
    By Robert Michel in forum Ideas
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-26-2003, 01:21 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2

$75.99



Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004

$649.99



OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2  for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs

$87.99



Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003

$639.69



WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure picture

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure

$119.99



Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array

$55.00



Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller picture

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller

$64.99



Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV picture

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV

$18.95



CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go picture

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go

$75.00



Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD picture

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD

$265.00