To save current file in vim. In command mode (press ESC first) then :wq or ZZ (that's 2 cap Z's)
can anyone tell me how to save with vim? i know how to insert text, and how to leave insert text more (esc) but not how to permanently save the changes that i make to a file, can anyone help me with this....
i know its basic question, but everywhere i look jsut tells me to hit zz, which i havent been able to get working.
To save current file in vim. In command mode (press ESC first) then :wq or ZZ (that's 2 cap Z's)
I am brand new to Knoppix.
When I go into knoppix and start vim or vi or gvim,
I can't seem to use ex commands (pressing "colon").
For example, when I type a few lines in insert mode, hit escape,
then press :q to quit, the "q" shows up in the middle of the bottom
of the screen and has no effect.
Has anyone else had this problem?
Thanks in advance,
Terry Michaels
I found this solution:
At boot, I typed:
knoppix keyboard=us xkeyboard=us
and this did the trick.
Anybody know how I can make this a permanent
configuration?
T. Michaels

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00
KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
$8.00
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.75