-
Senior Member
registered user
debian netinstall
Hi, much as I LOVE knoppix I feel a need to end up with a cleaner debian install, if only to find out which bits of Debian are changed....
(Im coming from that other land RPMWorld)
Ive got my HD install (and intend to keep it but I wanted to also set up a PURE Debian side by side)
So I downloaded the netinstall CD BUT it keeps crashing on the install.
It gets as far as configuring packages ... then gives an error message,
same on kernel and lilo.....
I have two suspects, one is that I don't have a floppy and it keeps coming up with modprobe errors ...
The second is at the back of my mind, is this a knoppix prob.
As I say I want to preserve knoppix as it is....
Ive got hda1,2,3 with knoppix on 1, 2 for the debian (which seems intact except the lilo stuff) and 3 is /home which I intended to share to both.
Given the knoppix bit I don't want flaming on a Debian board!
but I know quite a few people here have done this....
I guess i just want a working/bootable base system then play with apt-get .....
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: debian netinstall

Originally Posted by
gowator
Hi, much as I LOVE knoppix I feel a need to end up with a cleaner debian install,
The netinst discs are daily builds AFAIK so it's no wonder that you might get something that doesn't work. Try Kanotix as it is pure SID and boots just like Knoppix does. In fact it even uses the same installer. Kanotix was made for hdd install.
-
Senior Member
registered user
THX
I just looked at the links ... I was aware of kano's scripts but this really looks ideal.
Similar Threads
-
By kepler in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-11-2004, 09:51 PM
-
By macherb in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 18
Last Post: 07-18-2004, 07:41 PM
-
By trivas7 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-27-2004, 12:21 AM
-
By datakid in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-07-2003, 07:46 AM
-
By aloneinthevoid in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-15-2003, 04:03 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.58